When you partner with CIMA®, we can connect your globally competitive university to top employers and prepare your students for a career in business through the CGMA® designation.
We work with you to create new opportunities for your faculty to tap into potential research grants, conference sponsorships, resources and networking opportunities with academics and CIMA members around the world.
CIMA University Partners are select universities that offer their students the chance to gain a globally recognised accounting qualification in addition to their bachelor’s or master’s degrees.
Find out all the benefits you’ll enjoy as a CIMA University Partner.
The Global CGMA University and Academic Center of Excellence (COE) is working with and providing resources to universities around the world.
By providing these resources to accounting and finance faculty around the world, we will foster innovative business and academic-valued solutions through consultation, partnerships, best practices, policies and training.
Visit our dedicated CGMA Academic Partners website now to find these resources.
Launched in 2020, the Awards programme recognises university and academic partners who have worked tirelessly to equip CIMA-qualified graduates and students for future-ready careers.
Find out who were our award winners last year and apply for your turn to be recognised.
The COE organises regular events and trainings such as the following:
- Academic events are held regularly to bridge communication amongst CIMA staff, academic partners and practitioners. View the latest video on best practice sharing by CGMA Academic Champions on "Integrating digital topics into the accounting or finance curriculum".
- The CGMA Academic Champion programme brings together a group of highly qualified management accounting academics from different campuses around the world to discover their aspirations which provide insights to tailor our collaboration accordingly.
- CGMA Case Study Analysis trainings in exclusive university partner campuses provide upskilling opportunities on new digital topics found in the CIMA 2019 Professional Qualification such as data analytics and blockchain, cybersecurity and digital strategy.
View digital strategy case study
- CGMA Emerging Leaders Competition for ambitious students supports university partners in their employability agenda.
View past competition
To be a university partner, you will need to be familiar with the CIMA Professional Qualification.
View CIMA syllabus
Once, you have become a university partner, you may wish to use specially curated CIMA syllabus resources in your classroom to encourage your students to pursue dual awards.
These classroom teaching support are available in the Tutor Resource Hub and there are specific documents for each CIMA subject and each case study level. These resources are comprehensive and include a library of published resources (videos, articles, reports, podcasts) that you might want to use in the classroom.
View Tutor Resource Hub
Or check out this F3 Financial Strategy example to see what’s available.
View F3 Financial Strategy
Our new approach to a partnership requires your programme to adhere to consistent entry points that have proven to yield the best student success in CIMA exams. Entry points will depend on the field of study in a degree especially finance, accounting and business.
If you are currently not a CIMA University Partner and have not had your programme reviewed, find out how many exemptions your students and graduates are eligible for:
All our University Partners' programmes are listed in the CIMA Exemptions search pages.
Consistent entry points will provide the following benefits to students:
- Focus on student outcome.
- Improve pass rates and progression.
- Increased confidence towards professional exams.
- Enables us to offer more focused study support into one entry point.
Find out last year's Prize-Winner and Global Excellence award winners recognising universities that trained top CIMA students!
In these unprecedented times, we want to be supportive to all our University Partners. If your assessement strategy has been adapted to account for COVID-19, for example, social distancing measures etc, please forward your revised strategy to your local Account Manager for our records.